FAMILY PLANNING 2020
Family Planning 2020 (FP2020) builds on the partnerships launched at the London Summit on Family Planning. It will sustain the momentum from London and ensure all partners are working together to achieve and support the goals and commitments announced at the Summit. Learn more.
- Track progress and report on financial and policy commitments made at the Summit, linking with established accountability processes for the UN Secretary General's Every Woman Every Child strategy;
- Monitor and report on global and country progress toward the FP2020 Summit goals;
- Identify obstacles and barriers to achieving Summit goals and recommend solutions;
- Ensure promotion of voluntary family planning and concrete measures to prevent coercion and discrimination, and ensure respect for human rights;
- Ensure data availability to support all of the above, consistent with country processes and sharing data, such as through a global score card; and
- Publish an annual report to update the global community on progress and challenges.
Coordinating Structure for FP2020
- An 18-member Reference Group, initially to be chaired by the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), and comprising of countries, donor partners, civil society and technical partners and agencies, to set overall strategic direction for FP2020, drive coordination among stakeholders and be accountable for reaching 120 million additional women by 2020.
- A small, dedicated Task Team, reporting to the Reference Group and hosted by the UN Foundation, that is responsible for day-to-day implementation of FP2020 activities.
- Four Working Groups, to provide technical advice and support: Performance Monitoring and Accountability; Rights and Empowerment; Market Dynamics; and Country Engagement.
- A high-level group of FP2020 Champions to provide leadership, influence and support on behalf of FP2020.
FP2020 Contact Information – PDF
Stakeholder Meeting Agenda (February 8, 2013) – PDF
Stakeholder Meeting Participant List (February 8, 2013) – PDF
Stakeholder Presentation (February 8, 2013) – PDF
Stakeholder Meeting Notes (February 8, 2013) – PDF
Stakeholder Q&A (February 8, 2013) – PDF
Reference Group TOR – PDF
Reference Group Meeting Notes (Dec. 14, 2012) – PDF
FP2020 Background & Context (September 2012, Day 1) – Day 1
FP2020 Background & Context (September 2102, Day 2) – Day 2
WORKING GROUP INFORMATIONCountry Engagement Working Group TOR – PDF
Rights & Empowerment Working Group TOR – PDF
Performance Monitoring & Accountability Working Group TOR – PDF
FP2020 Market Dynamics Working Group Application – Update
Take the Commitment-maker Survey – Survey